Sunday, July 16, 2006

We're Still Alive!!

Max has been a busy guy this week. He went to a couple of baby showers, he's had lots of friends come to visit him and he went out looking for a new car that could accomodate his car seat.

Max is doing great! He looks different every few days. You can probably see this from comparing earlier pictures with the ones we are posting today. He's starting to recognize our voice when we come into the room. He turns 3 weeks old tomorrow! It's hard to believe that he's been with us for almost 3 weeks.

He's starting to get used to Dora (who likes to sniff and lick him) and we think Dora's getting used to him too ;).

We've been reading to Max in both Spanish and English. This week I went to the library and got a couple of children's books in Spanish. Our favorite is a book called "Silencio / Ruido" which means quiet and noise... "Fish are quiet, dogs are noisy."

When he's crying, music seems to calm him down... he seems to like all kinds of music, which is a good thing considering ecletic musical tastes of his parents. He'll have a chance to hear all different kinds of music!!

We took him to church for the first time this morning and we had a great time introducing him to the kids at church and friends.

We'll write and post more pictures this week!


5 Comments:

At 3:20 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

YEA!!!
Change happens so fast, and we can all recognize it once it happens. Thanks for sharing. Max is looking more alert...when he's looking. Dora doesn't look so ready to share your lap with the new "people puppy."

 
At 11:29 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the new photos.
Whew! We were beginning to go into Max-withdrawal. Everytime I sit down at the computer I pop up the blog and just sit and soak Max in!

Grandma Coral

 
At 7:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I totally forgot that today is Max's 3 week b-day. Happy B-day little man! I can't get over how much he has changed. He really does look like a little man!

 
At 9:29 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Travis looks really good holding that baby, doesn't he? I think you've found yourselves another babysitter! Thanks for the new pictures!

 
At 9:31 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't know if I like the implication that I am noisy. Couldn't you find some other books to read to Max in Spanish?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home